Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Linky Love

Today was our official first day back to homeschool. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped, and that's all I want to say about that.

We did watch President Obama's speech and talk about it, however.

But the purpose of today's post (yesterday's?) is to share three links to some things I enjoyed while reading the Carnival of Homeschooling.

First up is a post by Amy from Neighborhood Clubhouse, who shares an idea for using Google Maps--specifically My Maps--as a teaching tool. It's a very fun idea with many possibilities.

Next comes a post from Homeschool Dawn at Olive Plants, who shares a form of behavior management that will keep you from losing your marbles.

Finally, one blogger introduced another blogger who utilizes Khan Academy, a free curriculum of sorts that is posted via video. I've been poking around looking at some of the lessons, and I'm impressed.

Now it's off to Dreamland....

1 comment:

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

I just wanted to let you know that you weren't the only ones. Yesterday was an unmitigated disaster for Padawan Learner and me. Much better today though.